Thru our experience, we believe the attributes of a good professional portfolio design are diversification, strategic asset allocation, security selection, implementation, management and discipline. Your portfolio is designed to meet your long-term retirement goals based on your risk tolerance and time horizon.
The investment process is complicated and requires strict discipline without emotion. You should always seek professional advice unless you receive the proper training, invest in the tools and are willing to put the time into managing your portfolio. We find, most investors find it difficult to implement and maintain an asset allocation strategy, reducing the likelihood of success.
The major contributors to the performance of an investment portfolio, in our belief, are listed below.
- Total Stock Market Performance (Total stock market and asset class performance)
- Asset Allocation (Percent in stocks, bonds, cash and each asset class)
- Security Selection (Stocks, mutual funds, bonds, etc.)
- Portfolio Management (Implementation, discipline, emotional control and performance)
- Portfolio Management Fees and Custodian Transaction Fees
Strategic Asset Class & Asset Allocation
Our Strategic Asset Class & Sector Allocation Model sets up the percent of cash allocated to each asset class and sector in a portfolio. The model is based on fundamental, valuation, technical, relative strength and past performance.
Mutual Fund Selection
Our Mutual Fund Selection Model rates each active managed mutual fund and passive managed exchange traded fund. Portfolios are designed and managed using higher rated funds and market leaders. The model is based on fundamental, valuation, technical, relative strength and past performance. Mutual fund analysis also includes Morningstar ratings, manager, strategy, expense ratio, risk, valuation and risk adjusted return.
Our portfolios are designed with no-load mutual funds, ETFs and stocks with strong management, sound investment strategies, strong and consistent performance and high risk-adjusted returns. We use an allocation of diversified and focused sector investments, tactical and asset class allocation, fundamental and technical analysis, growth and value, large and small companies.
Your assets are held in a Scottrade or Schwab brokerage account for transparency and your safety. You can always see where your money is invested. We provide independent advice in an open architecture. Open architecture means you are not limited to a defined set of funds and stocks. We use solid investment strategies, pro-investor structure and have management ownership, integrity, passion for investing and strong customer service. Below is a list of our offerings.
- Training, Tools, Discipline and Time
- Professional Portfolio Design with Strategic Asset Allocation
- Efficient Portfolio Implementation with Discipline and Timely Execution of Trades
- Investment Plan with a Consistent Strategy
- Portfolio Summaries are sent quarterly (Market analysis, portfolio performance & analysis, investment holdings, asset allocation, cash movements and management fees)
- Annual Tax Summary for Taxable Accounts
- Emotional Guidance During Bubbles and Bear Markets
- Stock Purchase Plan & Stock Option Management
- Free Focused Growth Investor Newsletter ($120 per year value)
Advisor Agreement Example